Electrodeposition coating (e-coating) is a finishing process that utilizes electricity to coat metal parts with paint. Taylor Metal offers e-coating services (using an 8th generation PPG-automotive-approved system) to ensure complete finishing to specific part areas that are not accessible with traditional paint spraying techniques.
While e-coating can be used as a primer coat, we also find it ideal for finish coating. In fact, our immersion coating process delivers paint coverage to every hole, recess and hard to reach area. This guarantees a durable and professional finish that adds life and value to each end product.
E-coating can be used on any conductive material, including:
The Benefits of E-Coating
E-coating offers several distinct advantages over traditional paint spraying techniques, including:
- Improved Finish Coat Uniformity
- Increased Finishing Efficiency
- Virtually No Paint Waste
- Increased Productivity (lower rejection rate = lower cost)
- Maintenance-Free Value-Added Finish
- Minimal Environmental Impact (no air pollutants)